Saturday, May 8, 2010

Massive Assembly Required

Skipped running this morning to help our friend build the crib for her newborn daughter. Now it 95 degrees outside and unfortunately I don't plan on skipping this run so...... Anyways, about the crib. I didn't even think about what I might be getting myself into, but sure enough there it was... leaning against the wall in a box that was maybe 3 inches tall. For those of you that don't know, any box that small that is supposed to turn into a large piece of furniture, means that there is more than just "some assembly required" it means there is Massive Assembly Required.

Luckily I had a 1 1/2 year old helper to help move the project forward. He actually was a pretty good helper(better than some I can remember), he stayed out of the way, gave me the nuts and bolts I needed, and was always holding onto the small tool that I would have lost 15 times throughout the whole process had he not been holding onto it the entire time. He was really happy the whole time, so was I.

1 comment: